Notifications
Clear all

Well todays the day

BMSchrowang
(@bmschrowang)
Trusted Member

Today (4/11/22) is the day that Biden is to announce the new rules against "ghost guns" / 80% firearms. I was completely unaware that this was going to happen until very recently. This especially stings because last week I finally ordered a set of 80% ar lowers and the jig/router from 5D tactical. So now I've got a pricey order floating around that hasn't shipped yet. I haven't heard from the company yet and I assume they are waiting for the announcement today to see if they can even legally sell 80% anymore. Its just got me more that a bit frustrated over these arbitrary rulings being put in place to restrict responsibile gun owners that a month ago would've been zero issues and a week from now could potentially put me in prison. 

Topic starter Posted : April 11, 2022 10:01 am
Sam liked
Sam
 Sam
(@sam)
Member Admin

Has it shipped yet?  Where'd ya order from?   You should be fine, there's 120 days before these things supposedly need to be implemented.  I *think* just 80%ers by themselves should still be good to go, it's just the kits that are gone, but we'll have to find out in the coming days.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 16, 2022 12:05 pm
BMSchrowang
(@bmschrowang)
Trusted Member

@sam I had ordered from 5D tactical, the order didn't process for almost 2 weeks so I decided to cancel it. The main reason I ended up canceling my order wasnt the national rule that was announced, but the Illinois HB 4383, my home state, which passed and only needs the Governors signature to get put into law. Unfortunately the Illinois law sounds like its going to be more strict than the national rule. The direct quote about 80s is "it is unlawful for any person to knowingly possess, purchase, transport, or receive a firearm that is not imprinted with a serial number". So even a completed 80% firearm that was built before the law takes effect would still be illegal without getting it serialized. Getting real tired of this state and its nonsense

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 19, 2022 3:49 pm
Sam
 Sam
(@sam)
Member Admin

@bmschrowang Good lord.  Fuck that state and cross the border, come on over to the Freedom side partner!  haha

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 20, 2022 3:02 pm
Share:

%d bloggers like this: