Notifications
Clear all

ATF Brace Ruling

Toetagger
(@toetagger)

I have to admit, I didn't realize the immediacy and severity of this.  Anyone follow it better than I have and have any thoughts or comments regarding this????  

Topic starter Posted : August 19, 2022 9:21 am
Sam liked
Sam
 Sam
(@sam)
Member Admin

Mike,

Yeah, this is actually freaking insane.  There are an estimated 20-40 MILLION firearms with braces on them.  And the ATF is just "declaring" them to be illegal, so they must be registered.  So they're saying if you're caught with one you'll face 10 YEARS in prison and something like a 100,000 fine for each one you're caught with.  So they want you to register them under the NFA as short barreled rifles, and they're graciously waiving the $200 tax stamp.

My question:  it takes MONTHS to get approval for an SBR normally.  GOA recently put out a statement that said if everyone registered them, it would take the ATF 80 YEARS to approve them all at the current rate.  So how are they planning on doing this?

I don't think most people understand the severity of this, but I can only hope when it get's closer to it actually happen, people will start raising hell, and hopefully by then, we have retaken Congress and will have the power to at least do something.  I donno tho, very little faith in that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 24, 2022 10:29 am
Toetagger liked
Share:

%d bloggers like this: