Clear all

[Sticky] Come Introduce Yourself!

Box
 Box
Admin
Topic starter
(@box)
Everyone's Favorite

I thought since we're trying to build an "offline" community with this online one that we could maybe go around the room and take turns introducing ourselves. I'll start.

My name's Rod, and I like to party.

Kidding.

Folks around here call me Box, but my name is Jesse. Most of you know me as a host of the Life's Short Live Free podcast. 
I reside in small town, northwest Iowa. After college, I spent ten years doing collision repair. I discovered photography through a holster-making adventure with Schiwerks and realized I loved it. After realizing I was miserable at my job and would never "really" be ready to quit, and having a shitty day at work, I decided to quit and go out on my own with photography, even though I definitely wasn't ready. A month later I was on my own.
I'm not married, and have no kids.
I'm 32, but look 14.

I love America.

That's really all there is to know about me. I'm a photographer. I worked on cars for while. I'm a host on LSLF. I spend my days taking pictures of firearms and firearm accessories, and figuring out how to continue to do so.

Oh, and one more thing. I'm definitely everyone's favorite host. You know it's true cuz it says it by my name.

K, who's next?

3 Replies
NukesMurphy
(@nukesmurphy)
Estimable Member

Alright folks, my name is Miles, callsign 'Nukes' aka KFODED for my HAM guys. The military processing center jacked up my paperwork when I joined the Air Force and now when I do a background check I have an alias of Nukes Murphy. How'd this happen you ask? Well if you type Miles using the home-row-keys us old folks learned back in the day, move your right hand one place to the left and M-I-L becomes N-U-K. Yep. The Air Force gave me my own alias, thanks Obama.

Anyways, I'm 37, married, two girls 11 and 16. I live in southern Iowa and currently serve part time in the Air National Guard as a cyberwafare operator and I recently started a job as a Digital Risk Analysts for John Deere. To sum my personality up, I'd say eclectic. I listen to many types of music, I have many interests, hobbies, and I generally love learning.

In the recent past I've dabbled in blacksmithing, knife making, welding, making lithium ion batteries, small electronics, 3d printing and cad design, USPSA shooting, solar/off grid power, HAM radio (technician and general license holder), bushcraft, video games, and golf. 

I'm an OG fan of LSLF and have been listening to these guys for many moons now and appreciate the community they are trying to build. If I can help answer any questions or lend a hand let me know! 

1 Reply
Box
 Box
Admin
(@box)

Everyone's Favorite

@nukesmurphy Ha, I was wondering what the Nukes was about. That's awesome!

Sam
 Sam
Admin
(@sam)

So as the name implies, I'm Sam.  I own Schiwerks and am one of the hosts of the LSLF podcast as well.  Live in small town Iowa.  I enjoy long romantic walks on the beach, cozying up on the couch with a good book, and blasting heavy weaponry at the range.  

PS.  Taxation is theft. 

Share:

%d bloggers like this: