Anonymity

Box
 Box
Admin
Topic starter
(@box)
Everyone's Favorite

How important is anonymity to you guys? 

Have you taken steps to remain as anonymous as possible? What steps?

4 Replies
NukesMurphy
(@nukesmurphy)
Estimable Member

Most, if not all adults in the modern world cannot be anonymous. It's a fallacy to believe you can be. The modern world doesn't allow you to be. The best you can do is blend in and "Gray Man" the best you can, but if you want to be proactive or defend yourself there are steps you can take.

What you can do is not make it easy to be "hacked" or have your identity compromised. First, use a password manager for your digital life like LastPass, which will make it easier to have different passwords for everything and not have to remember all of that garbage. Second, enable two-factor authentication on everything you can. It's a pain I know, but it's the absolute easiest way to protect yourself after your passwords have been compromised by the vendor/website. Also, make sure you are checking your credit report or purchase credit monitoring from a service, it's also a way to keep an eye on your fiscal well being.

Remember, it's not matter of if but when your personal data has been taken; just do your best to make it hard as hell for anyone to do anything with it. 

2 Replies
Box
 Box
Admin
(@box)

Everyone's Favorite

@nukesmurphy What about taking things to the next level? I'm talking things like, prepaid phones, cash cards, VPN's, and probably lots of other stuff I don't know about.

NukesMurphy
(@nukesmurphy)

Estimable Member

@box I think it’d be an exercise in futility honestly. Some of those tactics do work, but unless you are a criminal or nomadic your normal habits are enough to put you on the radar even with those mitigation’s.

Sam
 Sam
Admin
(@sam)

Myself personally, I'm not concerned with it.  But mostly because it's far too late for me.  lol.  I'm sure I'm on all sorts of government lists, people locally are well aware of me.  So I have to take other precautions.   

But were I in a different position, I could definitely see the allure of it, for sure. 

Share:

%d bloggers like this: