Notifications
Clear all

Pack pack Armor

NukesMurphy
Topic starter
(@nukesmurphy)
Estimable Member

So I carry a laptop bag with me everyday. I can’t carry inside at work, so I was thinking of what else I could do. I did a quick Google and came across these. Thoughts?

https://premierbodyarmor.com/collections/bulletproof-backpack-inserts-all/products/large-universal-fit-level-iiia-insert

13 Replies
Sam
 Sam
Admin
(@sam)

I donno.  I guess if you really can't carry, something is better than nothing.  I suppose you need to ask yourself how you'll react in a situation.  If you'll take the time to don the armor, just get the hell out of dodge, or fight back.  

So yeah I guess like I said, something is always better than nothing, so I don't see why not 

NukesMurphy
Topic starter
(@nukesmurphy)
Estimable Member

Without being armed, my instinct is GTFO. It would be easy enough to grab my bag and throw it on behind me as I move I suppose. I also just realized my phone auto corrected Backpack to Pack pack... lol. That's what my 2 year old used to say say lol.

Box
 Box
Admin
(@box)
Everyone's Favorite

Is it just company policy that says you can't carry?

1 Reply
NukesMurphy
(@nukesmurphy)

Estimable Member

@box yep.

Box
 Box
Admin
(@box)
Everyone's Favorite

You probably guessed that this would be my stance. But personally, unless they're taking active measures to make sure you're not carrying, I would still carry. If my mission is to make it back home to my family, my job is not gonna stand in the way of that. Mission > job.
But that's just me.
I carried for six months at my last job before I ended up telling anyone that I had been, and nobody had any idea. And they all knew I'm a "gun guy".

1 Reply
NukesMurphy
(@nukesmurphy)

Estimable Member

@box I completely empathize with the viewpoint. I wrestle with the decision a lot.

Box
 Box
Admin
(@box)
Everyone's Favorite

Is that like a John Deere-wide policy, or just your particular branch or whatever? If it's a John Deere thing, you never know, maybe your actual employer doesn't give a shit? You could always try talking to your manager and explain that having a means of protection is important to you. Maybe they'll see your side and let it slide. My manager wasn't exactly comfortable with the idea, but wasn't gonna tell me no. Just told me that if the owner ever found out, he would deny knowing anything about it and I should do the same.

1 Reply
NukesMurphy
(@nukesmurphy)

Estimable Member

@box yeah, I asked the boss. He said follow the policy, he did do the due diligence though and asked the right people in charge. It wasn't just taking the policy at face value, so that was good at least.

Brian
(@brian)

Armor in a backpack is a modern day shield.. i have a laptop bag set up with some armor along with some other goodies.. i can share a picture later if anyone is interested. It doesnt go with me everywhere, but when the fam heads out of town i take it with me.

4 Replies
NukesMurphy
(@nukesmurphy)

Estimable Member

@brian yeah. I'd love to see it.

Brian
(@brian)

Brian
(@brian)

NukesMurphy
(@nukesmurphy)

Estimable Member