Notifications
Clear all

5.56 AKs

Andrew Johnson
Admin
Topic starter
(@andrew)

I’m really interested in getting a good quality AK chambered in 5.56 but I’m not real sure where to start looking.  I don’t have a preference for milled or stamped receivers but I would like something that takes readily available mags

12 Replies
Sam
 Sam
Admin
(@sam)

This is one topic i'm pretty ignorant on.  PSA doesn't make any 5.56 AKs yet, or I'd recommend them, as their AK's are pretty legit.  But I feel like I just saw another US manufacturer that started the other day.  For the life of me I can't remember.  

Sam
 Sam
Admin
(@sam)

But Zastava, which is the AK I have, does offer a 5.56 version. 

Sam
 Sam
Admin
(@sam)
Andrew Johnson
Admin
Topic starter
(@andrew)

So I think psa will have one out this year…I was looking at the Zastava and the arsenal sam-5…I also believe that sharps is doing milled ak receivers

4 Replies
Sam
 Sam
Admin
(@sam)

@andrew are you thinking of building one?

Andrew Johnson
Admin
(@andrew)

@sam i would like to, but I'm not totally sure I want to spend the money on all the jigs and rivet tooling and everything

NukesMurphy
(@nukesmurphy)

Estimable Member

@andrew AK Daddy's video on the Sam-5 was pretty good. The rifle just looked plain though, nothing a bit of alone time from @Sam can't fix though.

Andrew Johnson
Admin
(@andrew)

@nukesmurphy I’m kinda partial to the spray paint myself 🤣 🤣 also I’m really kind of wanting to do a full zenitco furniture set on whatever I end up getting

Sam
 Sam
Admin
(@sam)

Kalashnikov USA 556 AK as well.  This particular one was just announced at SHOT I believe.

https://youtu.be/4bZZjbpFR3w

Andrew Johnson
Admin
Topic starter
(@andrew)
2 Replies
Sam
 Sam
Admin
(@sam)

@andrew hell yeah.  Do you happen to know a price?

Andrew Johnson
Admin
(@andrew)

@sam after doing some looking they are trying to do a full 100 series of ak's by the end of the year all around $1000 plus or minus depending on options and furniture.  I saw a video from ARFCOM at shot show that they are also going to offer a 5.56 AK that will take AR pmags and have AR style mag release also.

Share:

%d bloggers like this: