Clear all

Who's got thoughts on Nuclear energy?

Box
 Box
Admin
Topic starter
(@box)
Everyone's Favorite

I don't know where it came from, but I've got this sudden interest in nuclear energy. It's not really in the realm of things I usually put much energy into thinking about. I came across this video a bit ago that I thought was pretty interesting. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciStnd9Y2ak

Anybody have any thoughts? Should we be using more or less nuclear energy?

3 Replies
Sam
 Sam
Admin
(@sam)

Definitely an interesting video.  Even I didn't realize a lot of the stuff in there, and I'm very pro nuclear power.  I definitely think we should be utilizing it a lot more.  I guess the question is, why aren't we??

NukesMurphy
(@nukesmurphy)
Estimable Member

We need to spend the money to properly store the waste first on a large scale. Then, proliferate the expansion of nuclear energy. They still have no idea what to do with the byproducts and it’s a problem, but it can be solved. Kilowatt to dollar this is the most efficient and cleanest energy we can make. That is until we figure out fusion. 

1 Reply
Box
 Box
Admin
(@box)

Everyone's Favorite

@nukesmurphy I've been seeing that newer designs are able to turn the waste itself into energy as well. Haven't really looked into that, but that's what I've been seeing. Or something along those lines.

Share:

%d bloggers like this: