Notifications
Clear all

Ukraine boogaloo ww3?

Sam
 Sam
Admin
Topic starter
(@sam)

Well, Russia is in full on commie mode, and I saw one report, although unverified, that China was moving on Taiwan.  Which would make sense.  Where do you boys see this going, does this turn into the big one?

3 Replies
NukesMurphy
(@nukesmurphy)
Estimable Member

Hard to say. This one is interesting. There's A LOT of misinformation out there and it's difficult to tell what exactly happening geo-politically. Unless they cross into a NATO country, it probably won't escalate outside of the Ukrainian/Belarusian borders.

2 Replies
Sam
 Sam
Admin
(@sam)

@nukesmurphy I hope you're correct.  But just judging from history, men like Putin, especially soviet men, are generally not content to just take one more country.  It's always more.  Appeasement, and just letting them take a little bit, was the cause of previous world wars.  America has a weak coward for a leader, and the soviet and chinese know it.  I think it's going to get very ugly before it gets better.

NukesMurphy
(@nukesmurphy)

Estimable Member

@sam well, with the rumors of the Russians usage of a thermobaric bomb in Ukraine might be open the door to NATO intervention. I'm not 100% positive about the full details but as I understand they aren't illegal to use on bunkers or underground structures, but are technically against the Geneva convention for use against lawful combatants. Apparently the biggest concern with them is the blast itself can vaporize people, and those surrounding would have the air sucked from their lungs by the vacuum formed during the explosion. NATO would have to have some sort of finding or evidence of the use with enough clout to move forward since Russia is of course denying the illegal use. Then, if found to be in violation NATO would have the grounds to intervene in the conflict. We'll see. There's a lot of rumor going around.

Share:

%d bloggers like this: