Notifications
Clear all

Shield mags

Brian
Topic starter
(@brian)

Anyone have any first hand experience with the 15 round shield mags for the g43x/48? I have been tossing around the idea of purchasing a G48, but the factory 10rnd mag leaves alot to be desired.

2 Replies
Sam
 Sam
Admin
(@sam)

Yep.  I run them exclusively in my 43x carry gun.  I've had nothing but good luck with em.   My recommendation if you're gonna carry em, is take em out and put a good number of rounds through them, as well as with the ammo you're going to be carrying, before you do.

Everyone I run across have had no issues with em, but I always recommend testing whatever you're trusting your life to.

Also, you need a metal mag catch or it'll eat up your plastic one.

I got several of the updated ones, but I had yet to thoroughly test em, so I'm still carrying the old.ones.  

Box
 Box
Admin
(@box)
Everyone's Favorite

I don't have any firsthand experience with them, so feel free to just ignore anything I have to say.
Sage Dynamics, who just so happens to be one of the most knowledgeable dudes you'll find, does an excellent review of the Gen 1 mags here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjkbIHx-yzw
But, although he sings his praises of them, know that issues with these mags are NOT unheard of. From what I can tell, QC is not 100%, although it's also not terrible.
My advice would be to take the plunge, but run the piss out of them before trusting them.

Share:

%d bloggers like this: